Huwebes, Hulyo 21, 2011

MICA POWDER: Projects made for the first time...

          ...One night, after watching my fave love story program on tv, suddenly I felt I want to do a clay project.  I worked on a green rose with leaves attached in a piece of heart-shaped metal which I dettached from a danggling earrings.  Staring on it before baking made me decide to add something on my creation ( coz it looks so blunt and lifeless ), but I have no idea of something to add life on my piece of work.  Until... When I turned my head, my eyes catched these mini containers containing of shiny-shimmering powder like thingy :) so I opened it, brushed some on my rose and leaves, and tadah! here it goes:




 
          ...Super loved the outcome!  For first-timer, I can say that "I did a great job" ( yabang mode hehehe ).  I find using Mica Powder so addictive.  From a rose project, it didn't stop.  My next project was a Clay Mosaic:


( Inspired by my co-guild member "Ms. Ghie of Trinket Tales")

          I wasn't satisfied with the outcome of my clay mosaic.  So thanks to mica powder which add shiny-shimmering effect on some part of the mosaic and antique-finish on the border part.  It made my project more beautiful and eye-catchy :)  But wait, there's another one:






          I told you it's so addictive!  But this time, it's a personalized Compact Mirror for myself  :-)  It was also the first time to do a clay project incorporate to a compact mirror because I am really hesitant to try it maybe because I'm afraid to bake and break a "mirror" inside the oven :) ...




          Looking forward to do more projects with this "Wonder Powder"!




1 komento:

  1. oh i sooo agree!!! I love mica powders...its like magic when you put it on!!! I wish I can have all the colors...you look like you have a pretty good collection. Beautiful pieces!!!

    *penny, a fellow P3*

    TumugonBurahin